One of the majors benefits of IJMB programme is the ability to secure admission into 200lv without writing JAMB UTME examination.
Away from that, there are several reasons why students should consider IJMB admission programme. as an alternative way of securing admission into Nigerian universities.
In this post, We took our time to outline 6 major benefits of IJMB programme. Since most things with good side also have disadvantages, We will let you know the limitations that comes with writing the programme.
Benefits of IJMB (Why you should apply for the programme)
Annually, more than 1.5 million students do write UTME(JAMB) with the aspiration of securing admission into their desired institution but unfortunately it is just a fraction that ultimately realize this dream.
In fact some have written JAMB more than once or more and it looks seemingly impossible to gain admission because of various reason which could include: centre issues, mass failure, e.t.c This is where IJMB present itself as a golden opportunity for ADMISSION SEEKERS who wish to acquire university degree.
INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION (IJMB) A LEVEL provides a unique platform for realizing your dream of university education way more than JAMB because it aids in securing admission into 200 level upon completion of the programme.
Below, We have a list of the Major benefits of IJMB:
- Admission into 200 level within a year.
- JAMB UTME is not Needed for admission.
- Result does not expire.
- Low cost and ability to pay on instalment.
- The programme is certified and approved
- Awaiting result can apply.
Now that You know the major advantages of IJMB programme, let us explain what we mean by each of the points listed.
Advantages of IJMB Explained
- Admission into 200 level within a year: With IJMB, you do not need to panic when you do not meet up with JAMB cut off mark. All you need to do is to apply for IJMB and meet your friend in 200lv the following year. If you feel you want to apply for JAMB, you can apply for IJMB at the same time (IJMB application is just #8,000). You don’t want to fail JAMB and miss IJMB deadline at the same time.
JAMB UTME is not Needed for admission:
The fact is you do not need to sit for JAMB UTME if you want to secure admission into 200lv with IJMB. But wait, who said you can’t apply for the two? We simply will have two options of securing admission. It is either you are 100lv that year or your are 200lv the following year. You can bet more on IJMB.
Result does not expire:
Yes! You can bet on IJMB. With IJMB, you do not not encounter the treatment of writing the examination you passed last year again. There is no sense in writing what you passed again just because your preferred university did not admit you. Write and pass once and use for life.
Low cost and ability to pay on instalment:
Its more economical to go for this programme because it will save you the cost and stress of 100 level as you will be admitted directly into 200 level upon completion of the programme. The average fee of IJMB programme is between #165,000 to #220,000. This fee covers accommodation, tuition, practical for the whole period. The interesting part is that you can make this payment on instalment in a lot of study centres.
The programme is certified and approved:
The programme is certified by NUC (National Universities Commission) and approved by Federal government of Nigeria as a requirement for 200lv admission without JAMB. CHECK PAGE 4 OF JAMB BROCHURE, ITEM 2.2(2) TO CONFIRM IJMB AS A REQUIREMENT FOR UNIVERSITYEDUCATION.
Awaiting result can apply:
Students with deficiency in O level can still register for the programme because preparations have been made for them by IJMB where they can write O/LEVEL IJMB to augment their result. Students with awaiting results can also register.
It is also worthy of note that about 70% of Nigerian Universities accept IJMB for admission into 200lv without JAMB and candidates admitted through IJMB are 100% qualified for NYSC mobilization.
Disadvantages of IJMB Programme
- Too many unaccredited study centres. We advise you apply at www.ijmbe.website or call the contact number below for available centre closer to you.
- Unlike JUPEB programme, IJMB programme can only guarantee admision into 70% of Nigerian universities. 30% left is a lot.
- Application period is short. We advise you register as soon as the application is on.
- As low as the tuition for a programme of this standard, a lot of parents struggle to complete payment due to the economic situation of the country.
Candidate should be informed that many educational institutes/Individuals claim to be registering candidate for IJMB. Be wise and don’t fall into their scam. There are a lot of unaccredited IJMB study centres nationwide.
You can also use the comment section below to make inquiries about the Programme. We will reply as soon as possible.