What is JUPEB ? 2018/2019 JUPEB, eligibility for JUPEB, Universities Affiliated to JUPEB programme i.e Universities and Institutions that offer JUPEB / JUPEB Requirements for Admission / JUPEB Registration Procedures
If you have been asking the question ” What is JUPEB “. In this post We will be showing you what JUPEB is all about , How you can easily apply for JUPEB programme. Below are some of the topics we will be covering;
1. What is JUPEB .
2. List of Universities Affiliated to JUPEB .
3. Importance of JUPEB
4. JUPEB Application procedures
5. Eligibility for JUPEB programme.
6. How much the JUPEB Form costs
7. The manner JUPEB examination is set
If there is any question you would like to ask after reading this post, kindly use the comment section.
What Is JUPEB
JUPEB is an advanced level body that is moderated by the University of Lagos. The acronym “JUPEB” means Joint University Preliminary Examination Board. JUPEB is similar to IJMB A/Level programme which is moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. However, the Universities that accept JUPEB are more than those that accept IJMB.
Below are the list of Universities Affiliated to JUPEB
Check out the list of some universities that accepts JUPEB PROGRAMME for admission
1. University of Lagos (Unilag),
2. University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN),
3.Redeemers University, Ede, Osun State
4. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (OAU),
5. Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA),
6. University of Ilorin,
7. Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB),
8. University of Port Harcourt,
9. University of Benin (UNIBEN),
10. University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
11. University of Calabar (UNICAL),
12. Caleb University,
13. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD),
14. Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (FUNAI),
15. Bowen University, Iwo,
16. Fountain University, Oshogbo.
17. Federal Univesity of Technology, Owerri,
18. Lead City University, Ibadan,
19. Osun State University, Osogbo,
20. WellSpring University, Irhirhi, Benin City,
21. Crawford University, Igbesa and
22. Paul University, Awka
The list of Universities above and other affiliate-universities plan to present candidates for the 2016 JUPEB Examinations.We expect that very soon more Universities will join the Board.
Meanwhile, the affiliated institutions have set up programmes to train candidates on the syllabus of the Board in subjects relevant to course intended to study. For example, Physics/Chemistry/Biology for medical courses, Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics for engineering courses, etc. The charges for the programme vary from institution to institution. The actual charges for the programme can be obtained at the website of the institution or through an inquiry at the institution.
What is Importance of JUPEB ?
The major importance of JUPEB is to help students secure admission into Nigerian universities as a good alternative for JAMB. After completing JUPEB programme, the result can be used as a qualification for 200lv admission into 90% of Nigerian Universities with the choice of choosing any course .
What is JUPEB Objective
JUPEB has numerous objective. Below are the objectives of JUPEB;
• To source superior students for the University’s degree programmes and reduce the high rate of dropouts from the University.
• To ensure adequate preparation of eligible secondary school graduates for University work.
• To enhance analytical and independent learning abilities and promote the intellectual development as well as oral and written skills of student
JUPEB Programme Duration
The programme last for one academic session. The academic session comprises of two semesters (10 months).
Requirements For JUPEB Programme
Check out the requirements for JUPEB Programme. To be admitted into JUPEB programme, prospective candidates should meet the basic requirements below
•Candidates who wish to secure admission through JUPEB must register for the subjects related to his/her preferred courses and also, sit for the final examination.
• All registered students are expected to take four (4) courses, two per semester, and a General course.
• Each of the four courses are broken into three, making it a total of twelve (six courses per semester).
• The general Studies for courses in each University Faculty will be based on relevant General courses suggested for that Faculty by each university.
• The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of performance which bear Letter Grades of A, B, C, D,E or F in each of the subjects
The subjects studied n JUPEB are similar to that of JAMB. The difference is that JUPEB lectures are more advanced.
1. English Language which is compulsory for all students,
3. Literature in English,
4. Christian Religious Studies,
11. Islamic Studies,
13. Visual Arts,
16. Business Studies,
20. Agricultural Science etc.
All candidates are required to choose three subjects in addition to English.
Note: About 90% of Nigerian Universities accept JUPEB as a requirement for admission into 200lv after one year.
How much is JUPEB Form?
A lot of prospective candidates want to know how much JUPEB form is. The cost of purchasing the JUPEB forms differs across Jupeb Affiliated centres. At Our affiliated centres, JUPEB form is N10,000 JUPEB school fees is between 180,000 to 220,000 depending on your study centre. This payment can also be made on installment at our Study centres.
JUPEB GRADES HOW EXAMINATION METHOD
- A mock exam that forms 30% of the total score in each subject is conducted by the institution and forwarded to the board. The Board’s exams take the remaining 70%
- The results issued by the JUPEB are graded like Cambridge A/Level results: A (5 points), B (4 points),C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 point)
- Three subjects are offered by each candidate. The combination of the grades forms the total point that is used as a cut-off for the course applied for in a particular institution.
For example, University of Lagos requirement for Medicine and Surgery can be 13 points. For a candidate to gain admission into the department, he should have scored either AAA (15 pts), AAB (14 pts), AAC (13 pts) or ABB (13 pts).
Does Jupeb Examination Results expire?
The Joint University Preliminary Examination Board, JUPEB result do not expire. This means you can always use the result to secure admission anytime. If for example you are not admitted the first year , you can always use the same result to apply again.
How To Register For JUPEB Programme
You can register for JUPEB programme by visiting a registration centre closer to you . The registration can also be done online.
For further enquiry on JUPEB admission and how/where to apply, kindly call any of the phone numbers below.